We are looking for an energetic, organised and highly motivated Programmes Manager to join our core team. We seek an individual who will work across all of our programme operations, including project management, budget management, impact measurement, reporting and external communications.
This is an excellent opportunity for a strong project manager who can push us forward as a team, developing and managing robust processes and systems to help us become more efficient, accountable and impactful. The successful candidate will report to our Programmes Director and work closely with the other Programmes Managers and the Communications Manager.
- Work with Programme Managers in the delivery team to ensure we are meeting all of our programme objectives and timelines.
- Manage programmes budgets, financial administration and expenses.
- Manage programme data – using, maintaining and training others on our systems.
- Recruit participants, mentors and experts for our programmes via online, community and partnership networks.
- Conduct evaluation and reporting of programmes to assess their impact and areas for improvement.
- Support the programmes team to develop and improve processes that increase efficiency and improve our offer to entrepreneurs.
- Work closely with our Marketing and Communications Manager to support programme/participant recruitment and to publicise our work.
- Support the programmes team with additional tasks such as planning workshops and events, and developing new programmes and research projects.
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience in managing multiple relationships in complex, fast-paced environments
- Skills in project management and experience in working to tight deadlines
- Experience in managing customer/participant data
- Experience in creating processes or systems to improve ways of working
- Skills in building relationships both internally and externally
- Experience in reaching diverse audiences, e.g. via programme recruitment campaigns
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience running your own business, or knowledge of early-stage business needs
- Experience working with individuals from underrepresented backgrounds
- Experience in external communications such as social media management or PR
- Experience in social impact measurement and reporting
- Understanding of basic budget management and financial processes
- Have an interest in the social enterprise sector and are committed to creating positive social and environmental change.
- Thrive in a small team with an entrepreneurial feel and changing environments
- Have a values-driven approach to your work.
- Are able to manage competing demands and priorities with various stakeholders.
- Are highly organised and process-oriented with excellent attention to detail and time management skills.
- Are driven by delivering high-quality outputs, often to tight deadlines.
- Are flexible and adaptable, keen to build and develop the role that suits the organisation’s needs.
- Are passionate about equity, diversity and inclusion
- Are proactive, can work independently and find ways of solving or pre-empting challenges
Currently based at Impact Hub King’s Cross, 34B York Way, N1, but due to expansion plans this role may transfer in future to an alternative location in Central London. Hybrid working options are available.
Full-time, permanent with a three month probation period. Part-time and flexible working considered.
37.5 hours per week, not including breaks. In addition, occasional evening working and flexibility may be required with time off in lieu. We also offer a holiday allowance of 25 days per annum plus national bank holidays.
How to Apply
If you have the relevant experience for this role and would like to apply, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Programmes Manager” and attach your CV and a cover letter outlining why you are suitable for the role, and how you meet the person specification, including specific examples. Applications without both a CV and a cover letter may not be considered.
- If you have any questions about the role, please email Laura Marney, Programmes Director – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Unfortunately, we cannot sponsor work visas. Please do not apply if you do not already have permission to work in the UK.
Deadline for applications: 9 am, Tuesday 14th February.
First-round interviews will likely be on the 27th or 28th of February.
Due to the level of applications expected, we regret that we may only be able to reply to successful applicants, and can only offer feedback to interviewed candidates
We have two strategic areas – climate and inclusion – and the majority of our programmes focus on the intersection between the two.
We strive to be a fully inclusive organisation and benefit from diversity of thought and experiences, both in our staff team and within our programme participants. We are particularly keen to hear from candidates who identify as Black, Asian, or Minority Ethnic, LGBTQIA+, disabled, from a less advantaged socioeconomic background as well as any other under-represented groups.
We also want this process to be as equitable and accessible as possible – all applications will be anonymised until the interview stage.
Please help us by not including photos, marital status or other data that is not relevant to your qualifications for the job in your application.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to ensure you can fully participate in the application process.