Impact Hub London (IHL) is in a phase of growth, with the opening of a new affordable workspace in Regent’s Place, near Euston, in addition to our existing space in King’s Cross, and with growing ambitions for impact through our programmes and projects. As a result, we are seeking an energetic and motivated Bid & Proposal Writer (BPW) to join our team.
Our existing Hub has been providing workspace for social entrepreneurs and impact-driven enterprises since 2008, and our new Hub, which will be known as IH London: Euston, will open in Q1 2024 and comprises 11,000 sq ft of coworking, team desks, micro-offices, meeting rooms and a 100 person event space. Across both our Hubs, located in Islington and Camden respectively, we are embedded within the local community and deliver inclusive business support programmes, community engagement projects and enterprise opportunities. We fund most of these impact-focused activities through corporate partnerships, trusts & grant applications, tender submissions and contracted services.
The Bid and Proposal Manager will play a pivotal role in the business development process by researching funding opportunities related to trusts and grants, and crafting compelling and persuasive proposals in response to funding opportunities, requests for proposals (RFPs), and tenders. The primary responsibility will be to create well-structured and engaging written content that effectively communicates the IHL’s track record of impact, capabilities, solutions, and value proposition, ultimately aiming to secure new income opportunities.
The BPM will report to the Partnerships Director, and work directly with them to identify funding opportunities related to IHL’s income streams. They will create engaging applications and submissions, consulting with our Programmes team to refine programme design related to applications.
Our ideal candidate will have strong writing and communication skills and a good understanding of the needs and expectations of different kinds of funders.
As the Bid and Proposal Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting with analysing and interpreting requests for proposals, tenders, and bid documents to understand funder/client requirements and expectations.
- Working with internal teams to gather the necessary information, technical details, and supporting documentation required for proposal creation
- Writing and editing proposal content, ensuring accuracy, clarity, and alignment with the IHL’s vision, messaging and branding guidelines.
- Crafting persuasive narratives that address funder/client challenges, highlight benefits, and differentiate the organisation from competitors
- Clearly articulating the IHL’s value proposition, unique selling points, and strengths that make it the ideal choice for a project.
- Showcasing IHL’s previous successes, case studies, and relevant experience to build credibility.
- Collaborating with relevant internal team members, and project managers to gather accurate and up-to-date information, ensuring all components of the proposal are completed and integrated seamlessly.
- Working closely with the programme team and Communication team to incorporate visuals or case studies that enhance proposals or support reporting requirements
- Reviewing and proofreading proposal content to ensure accuracy, grammar, spelling, and adherence to guidelines.
- Conducting thorough quality checks to guarantee that all submission requirements are met before finalising proposals.
- Managing a pipeline of funding opportunities and prospective funders/partners from research all the way through application submission, awarding of contracts, to reporting and account management
- Proactive research to identify and qualify potential new funders and funding opportunities
Deadline & Reporting management:
- Managing multiple proposal deadlines concurrently and prioritising tasks to meet submission timelines.
- Ensuring reporting deadlines for projects are communicated clearly and in good time to project stakeholders
- Liaising with the project team to gather relevant information for reports
- Collecting feedback from proposal processes and contributing to the enhancement of proposal templates, best practices, and knowledge management resources.
Essential Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 2 years experience as a Bid Writer or similar role (communications, business, marketing, etc.).
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Empathy and insightfulness within a range of contexts and the ability to summarise complex information coherently
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work effectively under tight deadlines.
- Excellent organisational and project management abilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Google Docs or similar tools.
- Understanding of proposal evaluation and eligibility criteria.
- Ability to collaborate across teams and communicate effectively with stakeholders.
- Adaptability to evolving requirements and changing priorities.
- Experience with project reporting
- An understanding of barriers to engagement and knowledge around how to build inclusive local relationships
- Understanding of basic procurement processes and contracts
- Enthusiasm for social innovation and values-driven business
- Use of a database or CRM system to record and analyse funding opportunities
- Contacts within social enterprise sector organisations and awareness of funding opportunities for social entrepreneurship in London
- An understanding of systemic change and ecosystem development
- Are a natural communicator – both written and verbal
- Are a confident and proactive proposal writer
- Thrive in a small but growing team with an entrepreneurial feel
- Have a values-driven approach to your work
- Are a confident multi-tasker
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Are motivated by delivering high-quality outputs, often to tight deadline
- Can operate in an environment characterised by change
- Are keen to build and develop the role as suits the needs of the business
How to Apply
To apply for this role please complete this form, and submit it before midday (12pm) on Thursday 12th October.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday, 18 October. Please keep this date free.
If you have any further questions, please email [email protected]
About Impact Hub London
Our purpose is to accelerate entrepreneurial action that benefits people and planet. We do this through inspiring workspace, business support, and networks that enable changemakers to thrive in London and beyond.
Impact Hub London is part of a global network of 110 Impact Hubs in 67 countries whose mission is to catalyse inclusive and sustainable innovation at scale to create a regenerative economy where business and profit are used in the service of people and planet. Impact Hubs do this by creating impact communities and ecosystems and providing enterprise support. As a team we are connected, collaborative and entrepreneurial, acting with our values at the forefront.
For more information see: http://london.impacthub.net | http://impacthub.net
We strive to be a fully inclusive organisation and benefit from diversity of thought and experiences, both in our staff team and within our programme participants. We are particularly keen to hear from candidates who identify as Black, Asian, or Minority Ethnic, LGBTQIA+, disabled, from a less advantaged socioeconomic background as well as any other under-represented groups. We also want this process to be as equitable and accessible as possible – all applications will be anonymised until the interview stage. Please help us by not including photos, marital status or other data that is not relevant to your qualifications for the job in your application. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to ensure you can fully participate in the application process.